About the Parent Action Group
Creating a strong school community with engaged parents and guardians can make the difference between a good school and a great school. For an immersion school with a diverse set of families, a strong community is even more important.
The Yu Ming Parent Action Group serves as the parent association for Yu Ming Charter School and includes all enrolled and founding families. The goals of the group are to:
- Engage and coordinate our parent community to support the needs of the school, and
- Build community among Yu Ming parents through social events, parent education and other opportunities.
Yu Ming parents play a key role in many different areas of the school, from operating major fundraisers, to staffing lunch and recess, to organizing social events and yearbooks. PAG builds upon the spirit of parent engagement that has been a part of Yu Ming from the beginning, and seeks to maintain a strong, engaged community that plays an important role in creating a thriving, highly successful school.
PAG will host regular meetings at Yu Ming. Meeting schedule and minutes will be posted on the Parent Action Group page on our secure Parent Portal.
Note: While the Parent Action Group has been established to strengthen parent involvement in the School, it does not replace opportunities for parents to discuss concerns or interests directly with teachers, the school office or if necessary the Board of Directors.
2014-2015 PAG Leadership:
- Leah Bellis (Fundraising)
- Karen Geiger (Annual Gala)
- Beth Ko (Communications/Room Parent Liaison)
- Lynn Kuo (Fundraising)
- Melissa Lee (Volunteer Coordination)
- Kelly Scribner (Community Building/Events)
- Lynna Tsou (Community Building/Events)
- Sarah Yang (Communications)
To reach the PAG leaders, email email@example.com.