Interested in serving on the Yu Ming Board of Directors?
Yu Ming is seeking qualified candidates from the surrounding community to join our Board of Directors.
Interested in job opportunities at Yu Ming?
Yu Ming Charter School is a public Mandarin immersion school. We opened in Fall 2011 with K-1, and will serve ~300 students in grades K-5 in school year 2015-16. We are growing into a K-8 school. Yu Ming is committed to fostering diversity and developing youth with curiosity, compassion, strong moral character and responsibility to the community and the environment.
We are actively recruiting potential candidates for the following positions:
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume on our career site.
K-5 Mandarin Immersion Teachers
New Mandarin immersion public charter school in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks experienced and dynamic K-5 teachers to provide a variety of instructional techniques to kindergarten through grade 2 students. Yu Ming Charter School was unanimously approved by the Alameda County Office (ACOE) Board of Education and opened in Fall 2011 with 104 students in grades K-1, we now have 257 students in K-4. Yu Ming is committed to fostering diversity and developing youth with curiosity, compassion, strong moral character and responsibility to the community and the environment. To learn more about our school visit our website www.yumingschool.org
The teachers will provide a nurturing and growth-minded climate conducive to organically learning Mandarin Chinese and all standard subjects (e.g. math, science, social studies, life skills, Mandarin):
- Create and implement an effective, high-quality, rigorous program that builds bi-literacy skills and multi-cultural appreciation via a variety of instructional techniques
- Create a classroom learning environment of respect, exploration and perseverance
- Provide for the individual learning needs of all students; gifted and talented students, below grade level students and those with IEPs
- Establish a culture for learning that is positive, inclusive and challenging with highly differentiated lesson plans
- Develop Chinese immersion curriculum using research-based best practices which also meets CA state standards
- Work well with a team of Chinese and English speaking members on planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities
- Communicate with families regarding student progress, ideas and support for learning
- Assess and monitor each student’s academic and language proficiency growth using multiple measures, including formative and summative assessments
- Utilize student data to inform classroom practice
- Plan events and fieldtrips appropriate to the curriculum
- Assume responsibility, with other members of staff, for specified duties which include; yard duty, early and post dismissal supervision, helping with school projects, joining a school wide task force
- Native ability in Mandarin Chinese (including understanding traditional, simplified and pinyin systems) and proficiency in English
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a dynamic and academically rigorous education program
- Experience in teaching related to dual-immersion and Mandarin language development
- Entrepreneurial passion; the ability to thrive in the excitement and ambiguity of a start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of students, parents and colleagues
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and credentialed as K-8 teacher in California or an out of state equivalent
Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s degree; Credentialed to teach elementary in California (or out of state equivalency for transferal)
- 2+ years professional teaching experience, preferably in immersion or foreign language
Compensation and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package offered for employee and dependents.
To apply: We are presently accepting cover letters and resumes at http://www.ikrut.com The position will be open until filled.
School Office Assistant
Successful Mandarin immersion public charter school in Oakland, California seeks an experienced Office Assistant to help Operations Manager with front office and administrative responsibilities. The school operates an academically rigorous K-8 program to graduate students who are bilingual, bi-literate and bicultural in Chinese and English, and develop youth with curiosity, compassion, strong moral character and community responsibility. The school opened in Fall 2011, has been fully enrolled with a waitlist since founding, and has an Academic Performance Index of 944 (out of 1000). The school will serve over 300 students in grades K-5 in the 2015-2016 school year, and will grow to serve 450 students in grades K-8. Yu Ming is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization.
Assist the Operations Manager in all school related duties, which include the following:
- Act as receptionist, answer door and receive guests and volunteers, etc.
- Update student data and parent contact information
- Input daily student attendance into PowerSchool system
- Process invoices, reimbursements and deposits
- scan invoices and email them for processing
- copy checks, scan to AR, prepare deposit log for processing; prepare for deposit to bank;
- scan reimbursement receipts, email them for processing, fill out reimbursement reports;
- keep track of petty cash expenses
- Keep track of school and office supplies; place order to replenish stock
- School and student related affairs
- prepare, distribute and collect various school forms
- email or call up parents regarding student matters
- assist in field trip coordination; distribute and collect permission forms
- Assist in HR related issues such as preparing time sheets for part-time staff etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal or the Operations Manager
The candidate for this position should have:
- Two or more years of experience as an Office Assistant in a school background preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluent in English
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Superb interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Adept at using technology, including Microsoft Office and student information systems such as Powerschool preferred
- Ability to thrive in the excitement and ambiguity of fast-paced environment
- Minimum A.A. Degree; Bachelor’s preferred
- Certification in First Aid preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Works hours are approximately 20-25 hours per week. Ability to speak, read and write Chinese Mandarin preferred.
Note: All school employees must clear a criminal background test.
To apply: Please send a cover letters and resume at http://bit.ly/1Knod9X