Welcome to Yu Ming, the first K-8 Mandarin
immersion charter school in California!
We are a diverse, joyful and caring community where students are inspired and engaged by learning experiences that are purposeful, rigorous, and personalized.
A tuition-free public school open to all residents of California
Top performing elementary and middle school in the district, county, and state
Students graduate bilingual and biliterate in Mandarin Chinese and English
State and National Recognitions for Yu Ming
U.S. News and World Report released a ranking of U.S. schools for the first time in 2021, and ranked Yu Ming #7 Best Elementary School in California, and #2 Best Charter Elementary School in California.
Finally, school ranking and review website Niche released their 2021 Best Schools in America rankings last summer, ranking Yu Ming as #1 in Best Charter Elementary School in the San Francisco Bay Area and #1 in Best Charter Middle School in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our school is proud of these state and national recognitions, not only for our young global scholars, but for our exemplary staff and teachers, and dedicated supporters. We believe it is our diverse, multi-lingual, compassionate, and connected community that is the key to our success. Go dragons!
The Yu Ming Difference
At Yu Ming, we unlock each student’s unique potential and nurture the necessary skills, mindsets, and values to make a positive impact in the world, by anchoring our model on four pillars.
COVID Safety at Yu Ming
- Latest COVID-19 Announcements
- Yu Ming Reopening Plan | January 29, 2021
- COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist | January 29, 2021
- 2020-21 Yu Ming Comprehensive School Safety Plan | January 27, 2021
- 2020-21 Yu Ming Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan | August 25, 2020
- COVID Operations Written Report | June 18, 2020
Board Meetings & Compliance
- Finance Committee regular meeting, Tues, Jan 17, 2:00pm
- Board special meeting, Thur, Jan 19, 4:30pm
- Funds Committee regular meeting, Thur, Jan 26, 4:30pm
Posted agendas are accessible here.
The next Board agenda is also accessible at this link, 72 hours in advance for regular meetings, 24 hours in advance for special meetings. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all meetings are currently virtual only. Video conference and phone information is available on meeting agendas.
For more information on Yu Ming’s Board and school compliance, please visit the Board & Accountability page.
- Reunión ordinaria del comité de finanzas, martes 17 de enero, 2:00pm
- Reunión especial de la Junta, jueves 19 de enero, 4:30pm
- Reunión ordinaria del comité de fondos, jueves 26 de enero, 4:30pm
Aquí están las agendas publicadas.
También se puede acceder a la próxima agenda de la Junta en este enlace, con 72 horas de anticipación para las reuniones regulares, 24 horas antes para las reuniones especiales. Debido a la pandemia de coronavirus, todas las reuniones son actualmente solo virtuales. La videoconferencia y la información telefónica están disponibles en las agendas de las reuniones.
Para obtener más información sobre el cumplimiento de la junta y la escuela de Yu Ming, visite la página Junta y Responsabilidad.